The SDYSC Ryan Cattrysse Memorial Bursary Program aims to assist SDYSC players, coaches, or referees financially
with their post-education and training goals.
- Any member associated with the Simcoe & District Youth Soccer Club in 2022/2023 Indoor season and 2023
Outdoor season or U18 division player or 2023 soutdoors season U18 Girls or U18 Boys player. A coach or
referee 18 years during 2023 season. (ie: player, coach, referee)
- Any male or female in their graduating year from high school with proof of acceptance to secondary
education for 2023
Show proof that he/she has been accepted to an education/training program at an accredited learning institution
Please include your full name, address, phone number and email address. The Board of Directors uses this
information to get in touch with you about your application. The Board of Directors might have additional
questions and will notify you by email or by phone of your award should you receive one. Contact information
will only be shared with the Board of Directors and Club Manager.
Selection of Winners:
Candidates will choose from one of the three choices, and submit their application to SDYSC
- Write a 350-400 word essay as to what the game of soccer means to them, how they have contributed to our
club and what have they learned since joining the SDYSC.
- Design a poster/brochure that would promote the game of soccer, SDYSC, respect for the game or soccer
cleat program. Entry should include the SDYSC Logo.
Create a digital media presentation (ie: video, computer generated, photography slide show) that displays
what the game of soccer means to them, or an advertisement that promotes our local club. Entry should
include the SDYSC logo.
- Judging will be based on a combination of creativity, clear message, attention to details, completion and
submitted on or before the deadline.
All applications will be presented to the SDYSC Board of Directors, Bursary Award Coordinator and winner will
be announced by on the SDYSC web site www.simcoesoccer.ca
The Bursary Award BOD will not be able to award you the total costs associated with your education/training
goal. Individual annual will be $500.00.